We know that having construction done at your home can be an inconvenience and we are going to do everything we can to be finished as soon as possible. The following list was compiled to help ease some of the stress please read the items carefully and do a thorough walk through of your home and yard before we begin your project.
BEFORE CONSTRUCTION BEGINS:
Remove hanging objects or
pictures from walls, and any
breakable objects from shelves.
(They may fall due to vibrations caused by hammering.)
- Keep small children and pets inside or away from the work area at all times.
- Cover pools, hot tubs, ponds, or other water features which could be affected by falling debris.
- Move all outdoor potted plants indoors.
- Park vehicles away from the house, out of the driveway.
- Disarm burglar alarm; vibrations may activate it.
- Move outdoor lawn furniture away from the work area.
- Do not run sprinkler the night before or during construction.
- Cover objects in attic and garage if it has no ceiling.
Provide access to your driveway.
(This is necessary for suppliers to load shingles onto your roof and also for roofing crew to load tear off into dump trucks and haul away.)
- The roofing crew will need to be provided with a source of electricity and water.
- There will be nails and debris around your house and in your driveway. Please walk carefully and do not drive on your driveway during construction.
- When entering or leaving your home, exercise caution. Debris and other objects may fall from your roof.
- Check to make sure that all gates are closed before letting pets outside.
- Watch for overlooked nails.
- Leave permits up until the City or County does the final inspection, if applicable.
Check furnace and hot water
vents to insure that they are
connected at the unit.
(They may come loose when the new vents are installed.)
- Insurance checks accepted with Homeowner’s Endorsement and signed affidavit.
- Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order made payable to Little Wing Roofing.
Even under the best of circumstances, mishaps can occur. Please notify our office or your sales representative immediately if you experience any problems during construction.